Over the past few weeks my mother has been emailing out lists of things she's grateful for. This isn't a new idea. Ann Voskamp introduced it to our family with 1000 Gifts. I'm sure there were others who had this idea before her too. I started a blessings journal after Evelyn passed to keep my mind focused on the good. Counting your blessings is so therapeutic. Here are a few things I'm grateful for from this weekend:
1. A husband who washes my car without me even asking.
2. Impromptu dinner at my amazing in-law's home.
3. My husband and dad sharing interests.
4. My mother's enthusiasm for our adoption blog.
5. The ability to worship God freely at our wonderful church.
6. Friends who ask how we are and really want to know.
7. Our adorable and sometimes strange dogs.
8. My husband's wonderful sense of humor.
9. Beautiful Southern California weather.
10. The joy of planning for my husband's birthday next weekend.
That's a lot to be thankful for and I could list more! God is good, sometimes confuses the heck out of me, but always good. My limited human mind is amazed that the creator of the universe loves me and I'm sure glad He does. Thank you everyone for your support through our adoption journey so far. You are all on my list of blessings.